I finally finished all the stitching and quilting.
Next, I had to peel off the transfer paper. I totally underestimated how long this would take. It had to
be done very carefully so the stitches were not pulled out. This was a very tedious job, and I am still finding stitches that were pulled out!
I spent 5 evenings working at pulling it away with tweezers.
After this, the binding was next. I decided against a contrasting binding. I think using the same dark sky color for the binding gives it more of a feeling of infinity to it.
This was hard to photograph. I did the best I could to get it all in.
Here is a close up of the Milky Way that took forever with all those French Knots!
Here is a shot of the back.
It feels very good to have finished this! I still don't have the hangers on the back, but that is a problem for another day!
In between working on the quilt, I made a new start. I have had this in my stash for ages.
I am stitching it on 40 count Picture this Plus linen in Heritage. It is hard to tell from the photo, but it has a green murky color to it that looks like the water.
This is what I have so far.
I didn't realize quite how small it would be. I wish I had saved some of the linen. I didn't need this big of a piece, and it was pretty expensive! Oh well, better too big than too small!
I will be back with more photos soon.
Enjoy the Spring everyone!