I think this one is much better with the rabbits together.
This is my progress so far...
He looks like a kangaroo here!
The linen is 35 count Blackbird from R & R Reproductions.
I decided on DMC. I had considered using silk from Hand Dyed Fibers. They have a package put together for this design, but the colors seemed too dark for the dark fabric I am using. Also, I think this type of folky design is better suited to the cotton.
It has been a little hard though. I am using two strands of DMC. The holes are very small in 35 count. I have done a lot of work on 35-36 count linen, but this is the first time I have used the dark color with this fine a count. I have noticed it is a bit fatiguing, and my progress is much slower.