I was hoping to post some more pictures of Loara Standish, but I have put that one aside for now. I really think there had to be something wrong with that girl! Anyone who would stitch like that must have had a twisted mind! I made a mistake, (or I thought I did, - then turned out, I really didn't make a mistake after I frogged everything), and took 2 full evenings frogging. The stitching pattern is very odd to make it reversible, so the frogging becomes really impossible because you cannot tell where the stitch is coming from. (Those of you who have tried reversible stitching will know what I am talking about). Anyway, I found the whole thing sooooo annoying, that I decided to put it aside for a while.
I have been making progress on my Country Garden quilt, but I do not have any pictures yet.
I had a busy summer and fall. This was our second year keeping bees, and we finally got some honey!
I made a sign. (Keith cut it out and I painted it and did the lettering).
People are getting to know that we are here, and we have been selling several bottles a week. We have put a lot into it, money and time. Keith figured out that if we sold the honey for what it cost us, we would have to charge about $67 a bottle! LOL! We are selling the bears for $6 each. Gradually as we sell them, that cost goes down. If we have a good year next year, we will break even.
No one gets rich selling honey! It does give you a good feeling though. It has been a very positive experience, and people do seem to appreciate it. We have one customer who has been here 4 times, and says we have the best honey she has ever tasted! That makes you feel good!
One thing I tried was the honor system which I am happy to say has worked very well. We have a little table that we put out when we are not there.
I spent last weekend bottling up the honey from the 4th hive, the last harvest of the season.
This is what I got. My little army of bears!The bees need what is left so they can make it through the winter. We will not be harvesting again until next spring.
Now, back to stitching . . .
For my holiday stitching, I decided on Patricia Andrle's Wintertide.
This is a handanger ornament. It is a freebie, and is available here.
I am stitching it as designed on 28 ct white linen, using silk threads, although I think this one could be done very nicely with Perle cotton as well.
I have just started it, but you can see the Kloster blocks here done with the silk serica.
Well that's it for now. I promise it will not be so long til next time!
Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!