Saturday, January 15, 2011

This is the Day Update and a Winner!

I have made some progress on This is the Day.
Unfortunately the day before yesterday I noticed that I made a mistake very early on in the alphabet. It is off by 1 stitch. I know, not a big deal, but I must admit that it bugs me, when I was being so careful! Now the little box will be too close to the border. Anyway, I have come way to far to take it all out. I had to make an adjustment in the vine in the top left-hand corner. I was holding my breath, but I think it worked out. This is what I have so far:

I didn't think the sheep showed up against the linen well enough, so I outlined them with a slightly darker shade.

As you can see, I still have a lot to do. The background in the letters takes a long time (partially done pinkish area). Hopefully I will not find any more mistakes. Undoing or working around mistakes is always so time consuming!

On another note, I have a winner of my little blogiversary drawing! The winner is Carolyn who incidentally has a drawing of her own going on, so hop on over and check it out!

Congratulations Carolyn!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Erica, this one is so lovely! I have this one kitted to stitch. You have gotten so much done in such a short time. What fabric are you using and are you using the recommended threads? I'm still not sure of the linen I got. It may be too dark so will have to adjust thread colors as I stitch. Great progress!

Mary said...

I just read another post farther down and got the answer to my question about the linen color. I saw sand at the store, but that piece has a golden tint to it. Yours looks more beige/tan.

Erica said...

Hi Mary,
I used Sand for the fabric which I thought was very close to the Lakeside linen that was called for. It is more gold than tan in person, but apparently not quite gold enough. I think you would be better off with a darker fabric. Normally I do a 'floss toss' against the fabric as a check, but this time because I had to order the threads, I didn't. Mistake! I think the fabric is ok but if I had it to do again, I would change some of the colors. The sheep seemed to disappear before I outlined them. Also I dislike the pinkish color of the background around the letters, as well as the color of the apples which turned out rather brownish. For some reason the pinkish color on the house seems a little thin and sparse. Oh well! Live and learn! I am committed to it now, so we'll see how it comes out. Sometimes when you finish these things don't seem so bothersome.

Brigitte said...

What a reat project this is. And you mader some nice progress on it.

mollycaff said...

Lovely stitching! Most of my projects have a bit of fudging involved somewhere or other, just makes them completely unique

Carolyn said...

Oh boy! Thank you for the blogoversary win! I'm excited and love the chart you are giving away. :)

I LOVE what you are stitching now. I will be keeping up with your progress on this one. I may have to add it to my stash. That's what is so wonderful about blogland. MAJOR ENABLING! lol

Thank you again!

Margaret said...

Very nice progress on TitD! I definitely go with the no ripping unless absolutely necessary theory. lol! Looks like it worked out fine. Happy belated blogiversary!