Now to begin the free-style stitch! I started with the deer on the left. First, I outlined the deer shape with a stem stitch which is then covered over with the first band of satin stitching.
I must say this is harder than it looks! Somehow my deer wound up a little further from the border than it should have. Not sure how that happened. I have just started the second band on the bottom. It is hard to plan for how much space it will take up. What you see here is the result of 4 evenings work.
It is very slow-going.I am just hoping it turns out ok. It is very hard to maintain consistency.
Here is the whole thing:
I am a little anxious to see how it turns out.
I guess I need to engage my inner child, that kid who scribbled with abandon, but who always had to have the right color ! LOL!
Here is my February TUSAL, (hosted by Sharon @ It's Daffycat ).
You can see all the gold threads from the deer in Harrriot.