I meant to give this update last week. Not sure why I didn't send it.
Since last time, I completed the alphabet in the eyelet stitch.
Next came the gold dividing band.
The next alphabet was done in a satin stitch.
Then came the strawberry vine. This was done in cross stitch first and then returning to complete the little leaves in a freehand style satin stitch. I must say I found it difficult to keep the leaves consistent. I hope they came out all right. It was a persnickety kind of thing!
Then it was on the the attribution, which is being stitched in a rust color. I am almost finished with it. I just need to complete the date.
Next will be to complete the right hand border and do the freehand scene on the bottom. That should take a while!
Here it is so far:
On the home front, let me introduce you to the newest member of our family.
|Walter at 2 months|
He is actually a lot bigger now. This photo was taken almost 2 weeks ago.
We got him in the hopes that he would protect our flock from hawks. We picked out a Buff Orpington because they are know for having gentle, sweet, and calm personality.
Unfortunately Walter might just be a little too sweet. He is terrified of the hens!
Poor little guy! He has bonded with us, and tries to hide behind us so the other chickens won't see him. (LOL)!
I hope he gets a little more courageous as he gets older!
Back soon with more progress.