I did manage to finish Mary Baker. Here she is in all her glory!
|Mary Baker Sampler - The Scarlet Letter|
DMC threads on 30 count linen
I love the bold graphic look with the reds, blacks and greens!
After finishing Mary Baker, I took a break from samplers to work on a long-standing WIP, The American Sampler Quilt. I managed to finish the motifs, but I still have the borders to do.
I am not too happy with the way this one is turning out, but I am going to finish it anyway. I think the problem is in the design. I think there is too much white space.
Keith has been keeping busy during his unplanned break from work. For the first time in years, we have a new garden. We used to have a lovely little gray picket fence around our garden, however, it did nothing to keep out the animals. I was basically left to grow a few tomatoes in pots on our deck. Not very satisfying! Unfortunately though, the new garden is only half sunny. We have some tree trimming to do in the future.
|No tomatoes yet!|
We had a very small honey harvest this spring. Normally we get more than double this amount!
We have been inundated with calls about the honey. I hate to disappoint people. We only got about 21 bottles. Hopefully we will get more later on in the season.
Last but not least is my late TUSAL.
It is amazing how 3 strands of DMC can fill up the jar, compared to 1 strand of silk!
Hope everyone enjoys what is left of the spring, before the hot stickies are upon us!