I am stitching this as designed (one stitch over one thread on 40ct linen), but I am thinking that I should have my head examined for doing this!
I ruined the first piece of linen when I tried to frog an entire row. You can remove perhaps one stitch from this, but an entire row is out of the question. I broke through one of the threads, so I had to cut another piece and start again.
After a very rocky start, it is finally coming along now. It is not what I would call enjoyable stitching however! I think it would have looked perfectly nice over 2 threads!
This is what I have so far:
There is an area on her dress that looks very muddy. There is supposed to be a skipped space, but it is very hard to see the detail. I think there is a mistake in there, but there is no way I am going to take it out again!
What I should have done is practiced before I started this! It really is quite different stitching. I can only do a little bit at a time. My eyes just refuse to focus after a while, even with reading glasses and a magnifier!
I have had this in my stash for ages. I figured that my eyes would never be any better than they are now, so I may as well try it.
Hopefully, I will have it done by Valentine's Day!