First I had to re-stitch the berries with the pink color.
Then I illuminated the vertical and horizontal columns with silver back-stitching.
I didn't have a picture that showed the pearl purl around the letter last time. This one shows the completed D.
The letter is over-layed with gold filament as well. I was worried about ironing/steaming the metallic area, so I used as little heat as I could. The purl at the top still looks a little wonky, but I am hoping it will stretch out when it is framed.
Next, the gold and silver paillettes were added. They were supposed to be done with French knots, but on occasion I had to take an extra stitch to keep them secure.
Here is the whole piece completed:
Just in time for the hurricane! Hope I will be able to get some Deep Peace and we don't lose any more trees! The winds have really started to howl here! I wanted to post this before we lost power.
Hope all of you stay safe from Sandy! Good luck!