Here is my October contribution to the TUSAL:
All the sparkly bits on the top are from the metal stitching on Deep Peace.
I have made more progress on Deep Peace, but it has not been without frustration!
I finished illuminating the D.
I did not stagger the rows as described in the directions, except where the rows were uneven. I started to, but just didn't like the way it was turning out.
I was pleased that it was finished, and I was ready to go onto the pearl purl part, until . . . to my horror, I discovered that I had one skein of silk that was unused! I checked and discovered that the berries were supposed to be stitched in pink! This was sort of buried in the text and I missed it. I stitched them in the same shade as the vines. Admittedly this gave it a rather November look, but I thought it looked ok. Then I realized that the scene inside the D was a Spring scene. Yes, it would be better to have pink berries! Those !*#&@ berries got me again! Well you guessed it, spent the next two evenings replacing the brown with pink. If anyone out there stitches this design, I would strongly suggest going through the entire set of pages and highlighting all the steps. Some of them are easy to miss.
Ok, now it was finally time to go onto the pearl purl. I found the secret to this was to go very slowly. You feel like you need 3 hands to do this, but it finally got done.
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of this yet, but I will very shortly.
I do have another problem though, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. The linen inside the D has stretched. It now puffs upward. Grrr! Not sure how to shrink it back to size. Not sure if it will show when it is framed. I am really not sure what I could have done to avoid this!
Have to think about it for a while I guess.