Here is a closeup of the stitches.
|(click to enlarge)|
This was a kit, so I used the materials included, but I really wish I had swapped out the gold color for something a tad darker. The letters in particular, don't show up very well.
It always takes me a while to get used to the "sparse" look that a single strand of silk has on 30 count linen.
The large flowers, vine, border and alphabet are done in cross stitch. The leaves are all in satin stitch, and the saw-toothed white border in done in counted satin stitch.
Here is the whole thing so far.
As soon as I get ready to take the picture, he jumps up!
On the home front, the garden has grown tremendously!
We have already harvested some of our corn. It doesn't get that big, but it sure tastes good! We have lots of tomatoes, but for some reason they don't seem to want to ripen.
We do have hope though.
There is one peeking through. Mmmm! Soon!