I finally managed to take a few, but the color is not right.
As soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera, I will replace this photo with a better one.
For now, here is Mary:
|Mary Eaton 1763 - The Scarlet Letter|
Stitched on 30 count natural linen using au ver a soie.
For my next project, I chose something that has been in my stash for years, the Cardinal Sampler from Patricia Andrle. I love her designs. I have stitched several of them.
I took this photo last week. I have made a little more progress since, but I am waiting to solve my camera problems before I post an update.
Unfortunately, the photo is a little washed out. The colors are much richer in person. I was going to stitch this design using silks, but there are a lot of blended needle stitches so I decided against it. I did make a few changes by adding some metallic threads to the border and the large A. It is not too noticeable. It just gives it a little sparkle.
Although it is not a large piece, it is slow going because of all the outlining. Almost every stitch is outlined.
If anyone is interested in stitching this piece, it can be found in the BH&G Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine Nov/Dec. 1994.
Well, I intended to post my December TUSAL, but the photo seems to have gone missing.
I will try to hunt that down for next time.